In some cases, FibriCheck cannot guarantee the quality of the results. We therefore discourage the use of the app for:
- People with coloured fingers/wrists (i.e. tattoos, ink). Unnaturally coloured fingers/wrists weaken the signal and interfere with the effectiveness of the device (depending on the device).
- People under the age of 18 years.
- People with conditions causing tremors or the inability to hold their hand still for at least 60 seconds (e.g. Parkinson or dementia).In this case the device cannot process an accurate measurement.
- People with reduced blood flow in the fingertips (e.g. perniosis or callus formation). FibriCheck will not be able to detect significant intensity variations induced by the blood flow.
- People who are unable to perform the measurements according to the instructions for use.
- People with cardiac pacemakers, ICDs, or other implanted electronic devices as these devices can control the natural heart rhythm.