You remain the sole owner of your data at all times. We will never share or sell your personal data to third parties. Only a limited number of people within the FibriCheck team have access to your data.
What information do we collect about you?
General personal data
To use the FibriCheck app, we ask you to create an account so that we can store your data securely. This includes limited general personal data, such as your name and email address, along with demographic information, such as your age, gender and country.
By using FibriCheck, you provide us with your health data and health-related information (such as your readings). This enables us to do what we do best: detect arrhythmias. By completing our medical questionnaire, you are providing us with additional health and health-related data (such as information about your medication, care plan, etc.). Given the sensitive nature of this information, we take additional technical and organisational measures to protect your information.
Information about your device
For quality purposes, we collect information about the device you use to access the FibriCheck app or our dashboard.
We also track your communications with the FibriCheck team in the event of technical issues, questions about our services or feedback.
Why do we collect this information?
- To help you detect arrhythmias in a timely manner in order to prevent a stroke
- To provide customer support.
- To improve our services and ensure that you get the most out of FibriCheck.
- To contact you and keep you informed.
- If you voluntarily provide us with information relating to your medication, you explicitly agree that we may share this optional personal data with the relevant pharmaceutical company. This is a legal duty.
- To send you questionnaires or to invite you to review your experiences with FibriCheck. We may also contact you regarding feedback, or about any questions or complaints you may have about using our app.
- Is a project being funded by your employer, and did you give your express permission? In that case, we will provide your company's physician in the health and safety department of your employer with an analysis of your readings. If you did not give your express permission, we will only share anonymised data.
- For scientific and research purposes, we only use and/or share pseudonymised personal data or anonymised data.
We use external suppliers and service providers, such as web hosting services. These parties are legally obligated to ensure your privacy at all times. They must only process data solely connected to our purposes.
You can find nearly all the data we have collected about you in your personal dashboard. If you would like to request a copy of all the data we have collected about you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.